Illinois Action for Children’s 21st Annual Public Policy and Advocacy Conference
April 9-10, 2018
Spring Into Action 2018 is a unique, statewide collaboration experience for early care and education providers, educators, parents, and childhood advocates. Participants will delve into key legislative issues through just-in-time policy-oriented workshops and visits to the state capitol. Attendees will also have plenty of opportunities to expand their networks and connect with other Illinoisans who are deeply concerned about early childhood care and education.
Schedule (subject to change):
Monday, April 9
- Registration: 10 a.m.
- Welcome and Keynote: 11 a.m. - Noon
Making Ends Meet: Challenges of Low-Wage Working Families
Julie Vogtman, Director of Job Quality and Senior Counsel
National Women's Law Center
- Lunch: Noon - 1:15 p.m.
- Networking Reception: 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 10
- Advocacy Day in partnership with the Ounce of Prevention Fund: 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch will be provided
- Visit the State Capitol and meet your legislators
- Important Note: Confirm your participation for Advocacy Day by purchasing a ticket for the day. The confirmation helps us accurately order lunches and t-shirts! By your registration for and presence at Early Childhood Advocacy Day you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the Ounce of Prevention Fund. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateways Registry Reminder: Conference workshops are approved for the Gateways Registry. Please bring your Member ID number or reigster to become a member and get your training ID!
To pay by check and for all other questions, please call: 773.564.8735 or email email@example.com
Information on Hotel and Lodging
Registration fees do not include sleeping rooms. Illinois Action for Children secured lodging at the State House Inn (217-528-5100). Please contact the hotel directly to book your room.
Room Block: Illinois Action for Children
Room Rates: $104 per room (State House Inn)
Important Note: By registering for Spring into Action Conference, you consent to photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with Illinois Action for Children. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org